Thursday, April 3, 2014

Get to Know the Advisory Board: Terri Smith


First Book's strength comes from its donors and volunteers. In each community it serves, First Book has an Advisory Board of volunteers committed to bringing new books to children in need. Today, we'll get to know the First Book-Denver Metro Advisory Board Member Terri Smith.  

Name: Terri Smith       
Employer: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Hometown: Denver, CO

What is your favorite children's book? 
The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I love Eric Carle’s simple collage Illustrations.

Who is your favorite author?  
Jane Austin, but this is always a tough question because I have a hard time picking favorites.

Why do you volunteer with First Book?  
To make a positive impact on the community, and I think literacy is an important cause to support. I love to read and I hope that the kids we help will also be able to become avid readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment